Hoping that you and your family are well… This past year has certainly presented its share of challenges.
As always, we are here to serve your dental needs, offering the level of care and attention to detail that you have become accustomed to and then some. Certainly, we are all concerned about limiting contact which may increase exposure to Covid-19. At the same time, the consequences of ignoring urgent and continuing dental needs may be significant.
We are open and performing all preventive and necessary treatment, including diagnostic examinations and teeth cleanings. We want you to feel safe to come in for any of these services. A specific concern of ours is to continue to have the opportunity to identify developing problems in an effort to avoid more extensive procedures and health issues which may be the result when treatment is delayed.
Your safe visit to our office is paramount. These are some of the precautions we are taking to keep you (and ourselves) safe:
- We have ALL received Covid-19 first vaccinations and will begin second vaccinations during the week of January 24th.
- We may be unrecognizable. Depending on our exact work assignments and location within the office, we wear an assortment of garb. Uniforms, face shields, bonnets, face coverings, gloves, gowns, and other coverings appropriate to the procedures we might be performing.
- We have installed plexiglass separating the reception room from the people performing reception functions.
- Our appointments are spaced out to maintain social distancing. If there is a short wait, wherever possible, we move you directly into a treatment room to maintain that separation.
- Before you enter a treatment room, all surfaces have been wiped down with disinfectants and the room is “fogged” with a chemical that kills the virus.
- The building has installed HEPA air filters and we have individual UV air filters in each treatment room. UV air filters out bacterial and viral material so harmful elements do not recirculate.
- We utilize an EXTRAORAL DENTAL SUCTION SYSTEM which offers positional high-intensity extraction of droplets which may otherwise become airborne during dental care. Where does the extracted matter go? To a medical-grade filtration system which includes exposure within the device itself to (more) UV light.
Did we leave something off? We also wipe all exposed counter areas and “touch” areas repeatedly during the day. Hand sanitizer is available in multiple locations within the office.
Please feel free to contact us if you have concerns. We welcome the opportunity to make sure that you feel safe in our office.